- Payment is by the term and all payments are due before each term commences.
- Payment is made through the online booking system. Alternative payment options are available if required.
- If you would like to pay by installments, please contact Sinéad on email@example.com to set up your installment plan.
- Installment plans carry a 5% admin fee.
- The initial installment is due before each term commences.
- If a choir member on an installment plan leaves during the term and after the 14 day cooling off period (see below), they will still be liable for the remaining fee.
- If you know in advance you will be missing several weeks of rehearsals, please let Sinéad know by email.
- A minimum of 24 hours is required where possible if cancelling individual rehearsals.
- To cancel for individual rehearsals, choir members must contact Sinéad directly via email or WhatsApp. Please do not message the WhatsApp group to cancel.
- All bookings are subject to a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period. If rehearsals have taken place during the 14 days, members will be liable for these rehearsals and receive a partial refund.
- If members cancel within 14 days of the date the contract was concluded and before any rehearsals have taken place, they will receive a full refund.
- The Voice Studio Wexford must be informed of decisions to cancel by an unequivocal statement made via email before the 14 day cooling off period ends.
- Refunds will be made via the payment method used when booking.
- Unfortunately, cancellations after the 14 day ‘cooling off’ period cannot be refunded.
- Choir members who wish to leave the choir at any stage can email Sinéad on firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel their place.
Cancellation by The Voice Studio Wexford
- If the choir leader needs to cancel a session, a minimum of 24 hours notice will be given where possible and the session will be rescheduled.
- Rehearsals will take place in person at High Meadows Community Hub CLG in Wexford Town and online via Zoom.
- Rehearsals will take place weekly on Tuesday evenings from 7.30pm except during studio holidays.
Line Tapes & Recordings
- Line tapes are supplied at the discretion of the choir leader for the purposes of home practice only.
- Line tapes must not be duplicated by choir members, shared with anyone outside of the choir or used for any other purpose except for home practice. This includes sharing publicly in any sense, on social media, via email or listened to in public without the use of headphones.
- From time to time, recordings may be taken by the choir leader in rehearsal for the purposes of tracking progress and aiding learning.
- Recordings of rehearsals can only be taken by choir members with express permission from the choir leader.
- The same policy applies to these rehearsal recordings as to line tapes.
Attendance & Punctuality
- Rehearsals will begin at 7.30pm sharp each week.
- If attending in person, please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the start time.
- If attending online, please log on and be ready at least 5 minutes before the start time to avoid any technical issues impeding on the allotted time.
- If a choir member arrives late, the rehearsal will continue as normal and it may not be possible to recap on anything that has been missed. It is the responsibility of the choir member to catch up on any missed material.
- To be eligible to participate in performances and other projects, members must not miss more than four rehearsals per term.
- If a choir member is consistently late or leaving early and misses material for performances or projects this may also affect their eligibility to participate.
- Three or more absences without notification may result in removal from the choir and The Voice Studio Wexford reserves the right to offer your place to another singer.
- Masks or visors are optional but they may be required for all members during rehearsals if case numbers of Covid-19 rise. If you will feel more comfortable, you are welcome to wear a mask or visor any time during the term.
- Social distancing is optional but may be required for all members during rehearsals if case numbers of Covid-19 rise. If you will feel more comfortable, you are welcome to socially distance any time during the term.
- The choir leader will ensure the room is properly ventilated by use of a CO2 monitor and leaving an outside door open during rehearsal.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or another respiratory illness, please do not attend rehearsal in person. If you are feeling up to it, you can attend online via Zoom until you are testing negative for Covid-19 or until symptoms of other respiratory illnesses have eased.
- Please continue to adhere to Covid-19 safety guidelines as set out by the HSE here.
- The VSW Choir is an adult choir and all members must be 18 or over to join.
- The VSW Choir is a safe place for people to sing, express and enjoy themselves.
- All are welcome and it is expected that choir members will be kind and respectful toward each other, always.
- Any instances of inappropriate behaviour reported during or outside of rehearsals will be addressed promptly.
- “Inappropriate behaviour” includes but is not limited to, any type of bullying or harassment, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, misogyny, sexual inappropriateness, etc., that takes place in the WhatsApp Group, anywhere online, in person, at rehearsals or outside of rehearsals.
- If reported, the choir member(s) involved in the inappropriate behaviour will be asked to attend a one to one meeting with Sinéad to discuss it. Where relevant, resources will be provided to choir member(s) so they can educate themselves on certain issues to understand why their behaviour may have been upsetting. Choir members will be asked not to return to rehearsals until they have done so. After engaging with such material, the choir member(s) will be expected to make an effort to change their behaviour for the better going forward. Cooperation with this procedure is essential if the choir member(s) wish to continue with The VSW Choir. Failure to cooperate and/or any repeat offences will result in permanent removal from the choir to ensure that it is a safe space for all.
- If masks and social distancing are recommended or made mandatory for singing groups, or if the choir leader decides to reintroduce them for safeguarding purposes based on case numbers and choir members refuse to participate, this may also result in removal from the choir. This may be permanent or until these measures are no longer required and this will be at the discretion of the choir leader.
- If you are experiencing or witnessing any of the above or any other kind of negative behaviour and you wish to report it, please be assured that it is safe to contact Sinéad via email, WhatsApp or to arrange a call via phone or Zoom.
- If removed from the choir, offending members will not be refunded.
- Members have the option to join the choir WhatsApp group.
- The WhatsApp group is intended to allow choir members to chat, keep in touch over breaks and share details of their own creative or musical projects etc. within the group.
- Members are expected to adhere to the Safeguarding measures in the WhatsApp group.
- Joining the WhatsApp group does not give members permission to contact other members directly through WhatsApp, by text or phone without their consent.
- Any breach of these Safeguarding measures will result in removal from the WhatsApp group and depending on the severity of the situation, may also result in removal from the choir.
- If removed from the choir, offending members will not be refunded.
- If choir members wish to take 1 to 1 lessons they will receive a 10% discount on the full price of a trial lesson.
- If members leave the choir and continue with 1 to 1 lessons, the discount will no longer apply and lessons will be charged at full price.
- 1 to 1 lessons are subject to availability and must be taken by the choir member. Unfortunately, the discount cannot be applied to lessons for family or friends.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed by emailing Sinéad on email@example.com.
- Gift Vouchers for The VSW Choir are redeemable for 4 rehearsals.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts and are non transferable. One gift voucher can be used by one customer only.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed on full term payments at the beginning of a term.
Privacy & Data Protection
- The Voice Studio Wexford may contact you via the email provided when booking or inquiring with news and updates related to the studio. You can opt-out of all emails at any time by notifying Sinéad on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We respect your privacy and your contact information is kept confidential. The Voice Studio Wexford does not share or sell contact or personal information with third parties or other companies.
- Any information supplied by choir members during booking or during their time in The VSW Choir is kept confidential and not shared with third parties or other companies. This includes information regarding specific learning requirements, personal, medical or contact information and any other information the studio may require.
Updates to the Choir Policy, Terms And Conditions
The Choir Policy, Terms and Conditions are subject to change and may be updated at any time. The author will endeavour to give advance notice of any changes but this may not always be possible.
All queries and complaints can be directed to the owner, Sinéad Furlong, by email on email@example.com. A call via phone or Zoom can also be arranged.
Last updated 25/8/22.